Tuesday 12 June 2012

Obligatory 5th Ed Lookback

It’s kinda compulsory right now by the looks of it. 6th edition is upon us, and 5th edition is being looked back with that hindsight eye. With a lot of rumours around 6th ed, it sounds more and more like I won’t want to play 40k in this edition. So let’s look back at the edition that to me, worked just fine

I started in the dying days of 4th. Apoc had just come out, so I think that was about 9 months before 5th. So 5th is my first real edition.

 Under the reign of 5th I’ve grown my armies from 1 to 3 (adding Tau and Dark Eldar to my listings) and have grown a lot as a player and a painter. I’ve started going to local competitions, not to have any hope of winning, but to play new people, with new scenery. I've come high in comps and come low. I've played against every army out there (except Templars). I'm sure my experiences aren't the same as everyone else ( for example in my encounters most Space Wolf players have no sense of humour, ALL necron players i've played cheat like hell) but i've had a good run

 5th ed is (of my experience) the 2nd best of all rule sets. The first was the “leak” 6th ed rules, which I would have played a lot of, just cos they worked so well.

I’m not gonna say anything else. Everything else worth saying has already been said by people with more readers and more eloquent form than me.

 All that remains for me to say is Goodbye 5th ed. You were brilliant. And who knows, in a few months’ time we might meet again if 6th ends up the unplayable bullsh** it seems to be in the rumours

No comments:

Post a Comment